adopttalkcanada.com
October 23, 2014, 03:54:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Click here to get to the blog adopttalkcanada.com . Latest blog post: August 9, 2009

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Shuster Report on International Adoption  (Read 1583 times)
arw

View Profile
« on: December 04, 2008, 09:09:56 PM »

Here is an interesting link with information on multiple programs

It will take me a while to wade through and comment:

NOTE: This page from the Schuster Institute for Investigative Journalism website offers documentation of and background about serious irregularities in international adoption.

http://www.brandeis.edu/investigate/gender/adoption/china.html
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 09:13:26 PM by arw » Logged

DD adopted from Suzhou City, China - May 2008
Windthrow

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 10:16:11 AM »

Not much new really, but a good summary I thought.
kantmakm

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 01:36:11 PM »

Latest from the Schuster Institute:

Orphaned or Stolen

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/schuster-institute-for-investigative-journalism/orphaned-or-stolen-the-us_b_825451.html

These internal State Department documents about adoptions from Nepal point to a different, albeit similar, situation. This batch of FOIAs is made up entirely of official cables that the U.S. Embassy in Kathmandu sent between March 2006 and September 2008 to the Secretary of State's office in Washington, D.C., reporting on its troubling findings about adoptions. As a result, the story we find here is not as in-depth as what we found in the cables, emails, and other internal discussions about Vietnamese adoptions. Yet there is enough here to concern any parent who had hoped to adopt--or already has adopted--from Nepal.

I would think that those pipeline families who have had to respond to RFEs from the State Dept and had their children investigated and gotten a visa issued could be reasonably certain that their child was in the system legitimately.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: