adopttalkcanada.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

3/3/2015 - SMF was upgraded today.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Tweens are like toddlers  (Read 6799 times)

ldw4mlo

• _
    • View Profile
Re: Tweens are like toddlers
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2014, 11:19:43 AM »

This is just a thought...do you think she's channelling her cat grief into these feelings? And she's doing it to you because she knows she can channel that grief your way?

I don't think it is about the cat. This started before the cat issues and she is has been pretty good about expressing her feelings about the cat. Although we probably put up with the 'tude a bit more because of the cat.

Last night she was pissy about going to camp today, mind you she loves camp. Went on and on about how she didn't want to go. This morning big smile and off to camp she went. This afternoon I am sure she will be pissy about going to gymnastics, and she likes gymnastics and will be fine once there.

And I know there are way worse issues to have, and this too shall pass. I just feel like I am living with twins/triplets lately. Trying to manage the chaos.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 11:22:57 AM by ldw4mlo »

3xwaiter

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2014, 05:08:59 PM »

At what age does "tween" begin?  I forget.

I have been dealing with this all summer -- at 5/6.  Holy crap I am terrified of the future!   <wide eyed> <shocked>

A few weeks ago out of nowhere she makes a sign on a piece of paper and tapes to her bedroom door "Do Not Enter"
So she was in the room with door closed and I opened the door to tell her something
"Read the sign!" she says
"I did.  I did not enter the room." I reply

So an hour later there is a new sign on the door
"Do not open door."

That's a smart little cookie!!  I think tween is "officially" 9-12.

WshflThnkr

• Beautiful, Caspian Sea
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2014, 05:15:52 PM »

I think tween is "officially" 9-12.

Oh LDW you are just getting started....  <popcorn>  <cheers> <popcorn>  <hug> <popcorn>
***Officially, Certifiably, Disney-fied***

MsMama

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2014, 08:09:54 PM »

At what age does "tween" begin?  I forget.

I have been dealing with this all summer -- at 5/6.  Holy crap I am terrified of the future!   <wide eyed> <shocked>

A few weeks ago out of nowhere she makes a sign on a piece of paper and tapes to her bedroom door "Do Not Enter"
So she was in the room with door closed and I opened the door to tell her something
"Read the sign!" she says
"I did.  I did not enter the room." I reply

So an hour later there is a new sign on the door
"Do not open door."

Snort! My 5 1/2 year old would so do something like that if she had the idea. :)

This has been a challenging summer here too, which is unusual, because DD, while a drama queen, is usually pretty laid back. Although I've been swamped at work, working tons and know I share a fair amount of the blame since I'm not nearly as patient as it should be.

I like the idea all our kids got together in a secret group to torment their Moms. 

And while I like the "what's your plan idea I can't read that phrase without hearing Modern Family's Claire's voice in my head "what's the plan Phil!"

ldw4mlo

• _
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2014, 09:28:06 PM »

I think tween is "officially" 9-12.

Oh LDW you are just getting started....  <popcorn>  <cheers> <popcorn>  <hug> <popcorn>

Then I guess she is right on schedule  <rofl>

Well I had the Italian Mother's curse put on me by my mother.

It goes like this, "May you have one exactly like you!!!" I am sure she is laughing her butt off somewhere.  <angelic>

And Little really is a great kid overall. I'm just trying to keep my cool.

I had her good twin today, she got off the bus copped to being tired. So we came up with a plan to power nap before gymnastics, food in the car. So much easier then whining, whining, whining, while insisting she is not tired.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 09:30:39 PM by ldw4mlo »

ldw4mlo

• _
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2014, 01:16:45 AM »

Some odd observations or just observations.

Her appetite seems off, less consistant. Eats tons or hardly at all?

And lately sleeping, she has been back and forth sleeping with me. But its usually we start the night together and husband will transfer her or she will go to sleep in her room after a snuggle with me in her bed.

Lately, she kiss us and take herself off to bed, puts her own music on, no request for snuggles, tuck in or to stay. Or she will sleep with me, but back like when first home. She snuggles up so close to me as my husband says, its hard to know where she ends and I start.

So even food and sleep seem more extreme lately.

3xwaiter

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2014, 07:14:32 AM »

Sounds like it could be a growth spurt as well.

MsMama

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2014, 07:41:35 AM »

Hmmm....not sure about the appetite thing but the wanting to be by herself, and then wanting to be close, could just be a sign of growing up. Wants more independence but that's also scary so goes back and forth between wanting to be more grown up and wanting to be younger? I also notice with my DD, that after the rough days she practically sleeps on top of me, maybe wanting to get back to that closeness we usually feel. My DD, even though we always co-sleep has chosen to sleep in her own room a couple of times this summer. And spent the whole night there! (Although then she came back because she didn't want me to be lonely. :)

Apsara

• View Profile
    • Vers la Chine
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2014, 01:23:55 PM »

I had attitude from my 6.5 year old son in the last weeks I told him "You are 6, not 17! don't use attitude with me". 

I have a 18 year old son, that's enough for me now, I don't need it from my 6 year old as well! <banghead>

If I remember well, my 18 y old son started to be a "real" teen around 11-12 year old, that has been long... can't he get into adulthood soon enough? 
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2014, 10:48:28 AM »

Tween thing? Peanut has been doing this since she could talk. She's 7.5 now.

I get it though. It is endlessly grating on ones nerves. I now tell to her that I will not listen to her until she doesn't whine at me, roll her eyes at me, nor is snotty in her tone when she speaks to me.

Which jeans it takes 10 minutes to have a 4minute convo!

Luckily Big Girl still hasn't figured out she is supposed to be a surly 13 year old yet. I do get eye rolls from her sometimes though. Totally love able though, and I'll be thankful for that as long as it lasts!
Pages: 1 [2]