adopttalkcanada.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

3/3/2015 - SMF was upgraded today.

Author Topic: Need help finding resources  (Read 275 times)

anne

• View Profile
Need help finding resources
« on: September 13, 2017, 08:52:16 AM »

Hi all. It's been a while, but I was hoping I could get some help finding links to blogs or discussion groups about adoption where evangelical Christianity is evident. I am not necessarily looking for groups that are explicitly for Christians. This is for a chapter I am writing about evangelical adoption theology.

I miss the various communities for discussion as everything seems to have moved to Facebook where I don't always feel as comfortable engaging in discussion. I remember how this group helped me rethink the spelling of my daughter's name so we could keep it without the cultural challenges of the way it was typically transliterated. She is all kinds of awesome, by the way,  and I am so glad for the help this group provided.

kittymama

• View Profile
Re: Need help finding resources
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 12:35:52 PM »

Hi Anne! I can't help with your request but just wanted to say hello.  <hello> If you want to find me on FB, send me a PM for my username there.

Windthrow

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 05:19:31 PM »

no help here either sorry...but hi!

Elizabeth428

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2017, 06:44:36 PM »

I'm not sure if this would really fit what you are looking for but there is a site called No Hands But Ours that is about adoption of children with special needs and there are major Christian overtones. A lot of the blog posts read to me like "you can handle this or that special need, have faith, etc."

I'm sure I've seen quite a few evangelical blogs but those tend to be ones I only look at once. Maybe some of the overtly Christian agencies would have applicable info or links.

kms

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2017, 07:00:45 PM »

I wonder if they are able to function anymore. It’s harder to get a waiver for mega families. And kids are hard to find. So many programs closed.

Elizabeth428

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2017, 07:05:36 PM »

www.randallnichols.com
www.istherenotacause.blogspot.com
www.theresnoplacelikehome-family.blogspot.com

What's the difference between evangelical and other forms of Christianity?

kms

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2017, 07:15:53 PM »

Katie Davis is a young missionary and author who works in uganda and fosters and adopted a bunch of kids. She was recently interviewed on World Over a catholic news program but she definitely is not catholic. She stressed most the kids have parents they just dont have money to feed and educate. I think she set up an an org to keep the kids in families to pay for these things. I also think the mission trip charitycation is becoming the new trend. I get the feeling the refugee attenion in 2015/2016 redirected many people’s attention away from saving the orphan. It might be hard to find.

Elizabeth428

• View Profile

Elizabeth428

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2017, 08:59:41 PM »

Katie Davis is a young missionary and author who works in uganda and fosters and adopted a bunch of kids. She was recently interviewed on World Over a catholic news program but she definitely is not catholic. She stressed most the kids have parents they just dont have money to feed and educate. I think she set up an an org to keep the kids in families to pay for these things. I also think the mission trip charitycation is becoming the new trend. I get the feeling the refugee attenion in 2015/2016 redirected many people’s attention away from saving the orphan. It might be hard to find.

https://matadornetwork.com/life/dear-volunteers-africa-please-dont-come-help-youve-asked-four-questions/

This is a good article that your post reminded me of, speaking of charitycation.

3xwaiter

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2017, 09:15:14 PM »

There used to be a site called We are Grafted In...I don't know if it's still active or not.